Saturday, June 9, 2012

2011 Topps Kimball Champions


Yes they are modern and not what you would expect to find on my blog, but they are based on the 1888 N184 Kimball Champions.

I think these are pretty cool and I'm currently working on the 150 card set.  They do have several prewar stars including Ty Cobb, Christy Mathewson and Tris Speaker.  But they also have modern stars like Stephen Strasburg.  Players like Roy Campenella and Mike Schmidt are also included.  So you really have a wide range of stars to pick up in this set. 

They were issued in three series of 50 cards in each series.  I'll be adding these to my postwar trading site soon so if you have any to trade please let me know.



If you haven't seen these yet, I highly recommend them to you.  Even if you focus on the prewar or vintage stuff.  These are really nice cards.  The artwork is fantastic too. 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.


No comments: