Thursday, February 10, 2022

The Babe and Sweet Lou Batting

 Boy, I wish I could've seen Babe Ruth or Lou Gehrig batting........wait, WHAT!  I can see them batting?

Yup.  Here you go, a colorized video of the Babe and Sweet Lou taking batting practice and a little footage of them in action and together for the camera and fans.




I just had to share this when I saw it.  

It's so cool seeing Ruth's classic swing in motion and not a snapshot of the swing.  Same with Gehrig.  I love how Ruth starts with his feet close together and then give a nice stride when he's waiting for the pitch to arrive.  

These guys have several cards showing them in a batting pose and you can see those poses in the video.  Here are some of their cards showing them batting.






These two combined for 1,207 HRs, 4,209 RBIs, 4,062 Runs and 5,594 Hits.  Those are some impressive numbers folks.

Well, I hope you like the video.  

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.



No comments: