Tuesday, February 22, 2022

A Couple Recent Pick Ups

Recently picke up a couple new cards to share.

Not too long ago I wrote about the N165 Goodwin Games and Sports set from 1889 after I had picked up one of the four baseball subjects in the hset.  

Well, I was able to pick up another card from the set, the Hurdle Race card.  This one is a bit better condition that my baseball example.   Here is the new card.


I really like the design of these cards with the lady in front and the action scene behind her.  I listed the 50 cards in the set in my previous post here.  So I won't go into that detail again here.  

The other new pick up is a really nice E102 of Germany Scheafer.  This is a great horizontal pose card which I am really drawn to.  I've decided to collect horizontals again after many years of not focusing on them.  I had a modest collection of them a while ago and slowly sold most of them off over the years.  This one gets me back on track with that pursuit.  It's also my only E102 at this point.  So it's a nice typecard as well.


If you look closely enough you can see a printer's mark above Germany's head in the border as well.  This doesn't really add any value, but I think it's pretty cool.  Germany was known to be a bit of a jokester amongst his teammates during his playing days as well.  One well known shenanigan Scheafer took part in was when he stole second base attempting to get a throw from the catcher and allowing a double steal of home.  The catcher didn't throw the ball, so on the net pitch, Germany stole first base back again and tried it again on the next pitch.  History is a little unclear on whether it worked however.

I hope you liked my new pick ups and I hope to have some more for you soon.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: