Saturday, July 14, 2018

T206 PSA 10

There are some very high grade T206s coming to auction soon.

Heritage Auctions will be featuring several high grade T206s in their upcoming auction.  There are a lot of PSA 8s and 9s including names like Cobb, Mathewson, Young, Johnson and even a Magie error card.  But I wanted to bring attention to the ultimate graded T206s here.  That's right, there are going to be five PSA 10 Gem Mint examples.  These include the following cards:
  1. McGraw (finger in air)
  2. Chase (white cap)
  3. Liebhardt
  4. Oldring (fielding)
  5. Bates
I've posted images of three of these (Heritage hasn't posted images of Liebhardt or Oldring yet) here.  You can view many of the other examples of 8s and 9s using this link

I have to say, I can't tell the difference between many of these 9s vs. 10s.  And I would think the centering would have to be perfect in order to get a 10 grade, but this is not always the case as you can see.  They are close to perfect, but even I can see they aren't exactly centered in some cases.  You be the judge.

I hadn't seen a PSA 10 T206 before this, so I wanted to share these with you all in case you hadn't seen them either.


Image Courtesy Heritage Auctions


Image Courtesy Heritage Auctions
Image Courtesy Heritage Auctions
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: