Saturday, July 28, 2018

Cards You Should See

Here are some cards I thought you should see if you haven't already seen them.

First up in the 1887 Four Base Hits Mike "King" Kelly.  This is a sweet card that I believe there are only two known examples. 

 
The cards in this set are 2-1/4 x 3-7/8 and there are 14 known cards in the set.  This is my favorite pose from this set (which is why I'm sharing it with you).
 
The next card I want to share is another Mike Kelly.  His nickname was $10,000 Kelly and one this N172 Old Judge card he is actually noted as such,  The clarity on this card is amazing and the grade of SGC96 reflects this.
 
 
I'm not sure about the price tag on it, but it's certainly worth a pretty penny.  You just don't see Old Judges with this much clarity all that often so this is a real treat.
 
 
Here is a third sweet card to see.  This is just a really nice high grade example of a 1915 Cracker Jack Walter Johnson.  Of course it is more likely to see a 1915 in high grade like this than a 1914 since they could be ordered without being packaged in the candy.  This kept them from getting the caramel stains typical on the 1914 cards.
 
I just wanted to share these cards with you since I find them so awesome.  I hope you liked them too.
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.



No comments: