Thursday, July 19, 2018

Recent Pick Up

Recently picked up some new cards and wanted to share them with you.

I picked up another couple E90-1s and another T205.  I only have a scan of one of the E90-1s right now so you'll have to wait to see the other one, but here is the one of which I do have a scan.

 
There are two Tannehills in the set, Lee and Jesse.  This is Lee's card.  The very first caramel card I ever bought was this card many years ago but I sold it a while back.  So I'm very pleased to have this one to replace it (even with the 3 written on it).
 
The next card I picked up is a T205 Danny Hoffman example.  This is a particular new favorite of mine as it is the Yellow Second Base variation.
 


The Hoffman T205 card actually has up to four variations depending on how you define a variation.  You can read about all the "errors" in the T205 set on Prewarcards.com.  There are 23 discussed there.

The four different Hoffmans are as follows:
  1. Yellow Second Base (no stripe)
  2. Yellow Second Base (with stripe)
  3. White Second Base (detailed face)
  4. White Second Base (face lacks detail)
The stripe refers to a wide lighter green diagonal stripe behind Danny's head.  You can see all four examples posted on Net54 by clicking here.  Eventually I'll try to pick up the others as well, but this one is a favorite right now.

If you have any of the ones I don't have yet and would consider selling it, please let me know.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: