Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Quick Preview of the Current REA Summer 2019 Auction

Robert Edward Auctions is open for bidding and they have some serious stuff as usual.

 
The latest REA auction is now open for bidding and as usual it is full or great stuff.  The auction ends 08/18/19 for those of you who want to get in on the action.  I just wanted to highlight a few of the items that I really liked and am following.

I'm working on the E93 set slowly so I always like to see those.  There are a few Cobbs that I'd like to own.  One is a really nice looking PSA 1 with typical wear.  It has some great orange color though so it has that going for it and a clean legible reverse.  

Then there is also a lot of both an E93 Cobb and an E95 Cobb both graded A that I wouldn't mind having. 

 
 
There are also 12 T206 Cobb Green Backgrounds and 19 T206 Red Backgrounds.  Come on now! 
 
Of course there are some usual big boys starting the auction in the forms of a 1952 Topps Mantle PSA7 and a T206 Eddie Plank PSA1.  Then there is a really nice looking T5 Pinkerton Joe Jackson as well.  Here are some pics of these items to drool over.
 



 

Here's another unique card that I have not seen before.  It is a 1933 Goudey blank back proof card of Babe Ruth. 

 
There are always some hobby significant pieces in any REA auction and this one has this rare 1869 Peck & Snyder Cincinnati Red Stockings trade card that has the Peck & Snyder ad back.  This is a very desirable card in the 19th Century collectibles arena. 
 
 

 


I'm also a big fan of the 1887 N690 Kalamazoo Bats set.  I really like the photography and the ballpark backgrounds, the size of the cards and the fact that they have several multiplayer cards and horizontal poses.  There are a couple (non including the team card) here one of which has the seldom seen as back.  I'll show both here as well as the ad back.

 

 

I really liked this one as I've never seen an example from this set before.  It's a 1888 M117 Sporting Times of HOFer Tim Keefe.  These are so rare that its the only the REA has offered in twenty years.  It's just a cool looking card if you ask me.
 
 
Also included in this auction is a lot of 76 E254 Colgan's Chips square proofs including 25 uncatalogued examples.  Personally I don't believe these are Colgan's Chips proof, but something else altogether, but that's a topic for another post.  Here's a pic of a group of them though.
 
 
How about this for a low grade card that will still sell for thousands.  It's a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle in a GAI Authentic holder and it's one of the worst condition 52 Mantles you're likely to see.  It's going to be fun just to see where it ends.
 
 
This card, the 1952 Mother's Cookies,  is one that I really want someday as it features the Rifleman himself, Chuck Connors.  Some day I'll own this card, but I'm watching it this auction to see what it brings.
 
 
So take a look at the current auction online here and peruse some of the amazing stuff.
 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.






1 comment:

Auction list said...

Looking to preview baseball cards, here is blog that shows all the REA auctions cards. Want to know more, click here!