Saturday, July 20, 2019

Another Great Multi-Strike Overprint Scrap

I've posted images of scraps before with some having some great overprints.

Well, I just saw this new one for the first time and had to post it for you all to see.  Scott Brockelman owns the card and will have it at this year's National if you you're going to be there.  (Update: The card has been sold and may not be at the National at this point).

It's a T206 Southern Leaguer Bill Bernhard.  The back has multiple advertisements on it including Piedmont, El Principe de Gales and what looks to me like a Brown Old Mill.  It also has the ghost image of Germany Schaefer under all the ads.


 
There was another great overprint similar to this one that I posted years ago.  I'll post it again here for comparison and because I just really like it.
 
 
Interestingly they both have the same advertisements but this one has a ghost of Cy Young.  Perhaps these were cut from the same sheet long ago. 
 
I hope you liked this new overprint scrap as much as I do.
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.


No comments: