Thursday, April 26, 2018

Typical Zeenut Condition Issues

I feel the need to pontificate on Zeenuts for a bit.

Zeenuts are a great cards to collect.  They were produced of 25 years by the Collins-McCarthy company.  From the years 1911 through 1938 there were very nice cards produced of the Pacific Coast League teams and players.  I don't want to talk about how great they are in this post, but rather how they ended up the way they did all these years later.

Let's me honest with each other here, some of the Zeenuts are wonderful looking cards.  Especially the ones from 1918 with the red borders or the ones with original coupons still intact.  But I'm talking about the ones that are just beat to hell.  The ones that look like they went through the washing machine in your jeans pocket.  Take a look at these examples I'm found in less than 10 minutes of looking. 
 
 
 Believe it or not, these are typical condition cards for the later year Zeenuts.  I have no idea what kids were doing with these card back then.  Here are a few more examples.





 
Of course not all Zeenuts look like this.  But I see them all the time and just laugh.  What seriously happened to these things.
 
I have plenty of beaters in my collection and I love them.  But I really like these Zeenuts too.  I'll have to pick some up just to have them in hand.  Let's see some more just for fun.
 
 
 
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

 
 


No comments: