Sunday, April 22, 2018

A Recent Pick Up

I Recently picked up a new card in the Spring Love of the Game auction.

The Spring Love of the Game auction closed March 24th and they had a lot of great items.  From postcards (lots of postcards) to memorabilia to cards.  I saw several lots that I liked and followed throughout the auction.  Most of them were for caramel cards with the lot of horizontal 1909 Obaks in my sights as well. 


I placed my bid on the E98 Mordecai "Miner" Brown card pictured here and was lucky enough to have won it.  It was fun following the auction and anxiously wondering if my max bid would hold or not.

The under bidder pushed my bid up my max but it held out and in the end I became the new owner of this beautiful card. 

This is my third E98 and my second HOFer from the set.  I never thought I would be collecting this set.  Years ago it was priced way out of my range, but I always liked it.  The prices for most caramels has come down a bit in the last five or so years and some of these cards can be picked up at more modest levels now.

I'm still not sure if I'm actually going to collect the set or just pick up a few cards that I like.  Time will tell I guess.

I also have the Fred Clarke and Hal Chase.  Both of them have the same green background as this Three Finger Brown example.  My Chase is from the Lionel Carter collection.  It's in poor condition (really poor to be honest) but I love it because it has the Carter pedigree on the SGC flip.  I'll likely do a post with those cards in the future so keep an eye out for that.

I hope you like my new E98 as much as I do. 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: