Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Recent Pick Ups



I picked up a few new cards this month and wanted to share them with you.

First up are two new Abe Attells. The first one is a 1948 Leaf card.  The second is a difficult to find W580 strip card.

Abe Attell was an integral part of the 1919 Black Sox scandal.  He was allegedly the messenger between the gangster Arnold Rothstein and the White Sox players in the early stages of the fix.  He was eventually acquitted but he has been linked to the scandal since then.  He was also the World Featherweight Champion for 6 straight years from 1906 - 1912.





The next card is a 1934-36 R318 Batter Up of Joe Heving with blue tint.  These cards come in six different colors which are Black, Purple, Blue, Green, Brown and Red.  I am trying to get a Heving card in all six colors.  So far I have the Black, Purple and now this Blue one.


Next up is a card in a trade.  This is a 1912 T207 Ed Reulbach SGC 60.  This is a really nice card and I am very happy to have added a nice example from this set to my collection.  I used to have another one but it was badly trimmed on three sides so I eventually sold it.


And now for my favorite pick up so far this month.  This 1909 E101 Jack Knight is one of my favorite poses on a baseball card.  I have wanted an example of this pose for a long time and I finally got it.  I was thrilled when I found out it was mine. 


Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing my new pickups.  I can't wait to get more and post them too.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.


No comments: