Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jim Thorpe Exhibit and Strip Card



Here is one of my favorite cards and it's not a conventional baseball card.

There is a 1930's exhibit card of the great Jim Thorpe where he is wearing his Indian headdress.  Pictured is a nice SGC example.


But what is much rarer and less commonly found is his matching strip card with the same image.  I saw one on eBay years ago mixed in with a lot of other random period cards.  It wasn't labeled in the listing at all as a Jim Thorpe card and you'd have to have seen the pics and known it what it was.  I was bummed because at the time I didn't have the funds to bid on the lot.  It went for a steal considering the Thorpe strip was included.


Here is an image of the strip card.  I love this card.  I hope you like it too.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a wonderful one.


No comments: