Saturday, August 18, 2012

Don't See These Too Often



Zeenuts were produced between 1911 and 1938 and each year they had a slightly different design.

Personally, I like the 1911 set and the 1918 set the best.  The 1911 is just a classic looking set with sepia photos and nice small border all the way around the cards.  The 1918 set is the only set that has a red border going all the way around.  It is this red border that draws me to this set.


Now, Zeenuts originally came with a coupon attached to the bottom of the card and most of these coupons were cut off and used to redeem something.  So finding a Zeenut that still has it's original coupon attached is a nice find. 

I just stumbled upon this card on eBay recently and since it is such a spectacular example I wanted to share it in my blog with you.  Look at the borders on this beauty.  And the coupon is still attached.  You just don't see a 1918 Zeenut in this condition with the coupon very often. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card.  You might not see another like it a long time.  Oh, by the way, it's being offered for $10.000.00.  Good luck to the seller.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.


No comments: