Saturday, August 15, 2020

More Baseball Punchboards

Back in 2018 I wrote about some baseball punchboards that I had picked up and showed a couple other examples.

The link to the old post is here.  I wrote about a couple Diamond Dust punchboards back then.  These seem to be the most popular boards and they do seem to be the most decorative ones.  I personally like them the best of the boards that I've come across.

There are Diamond Dust "cards" that people believe came from one of the different types of Diamond Dust boards.  These cards all have several horizontal creases that indicate they were folded or rolled up and inserted in the holes that were punched.  I've also heard that the boards were not thick enough to hold these cards. 

One of the examples I'm sharing tonight has an image of the board at an angle and you can see the thickness of the board itself.  And it looks thick enough to have held the cards to me. 

Here's the full board and then the angle shot to show the thickness. 

 
 
The cards are not very large and they are folded up so they are short in width.  So I think they possibly could've fit in this board.  All the other boards I've seen are thin and definitely couldn't have held a card. 
 
Here are some more examples of different styles of punchboards that I've found recently.  I just wanted to share some new images with you.
 

 
This one did not payout any prizes but was instead used to donate to the Damon Runyon Memorial Cancer Fund.  It was only meant to be played as a game.

Here are a few more Diamond Dust examples from different years.

 

 

Here is an example of a later issue Diamond Dust board called the New Diamond Dust.


And then there are these ones that are different types altogether.  This one is called E-Z Pickin' Ball Club.


Here is a very generic example with no actual players pictured or named on it.


This last one is very nice.  It's called Pennant Winners and also only has generic baseball images and no specific players, but it looks great.


There are a lot of different styles of punchboards and they come with different themes.  Some are different sports and some are non-sport related.  But they are pretty cool collectables. 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: