Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Checking in...and a Random Card From My Collection

Just wanted to post a hello to everyone and say I hope you're all doing well these days.

Well, hello.  You'd think with all this stay in home and shelter in place stuff these days I'd be posting a lot on the ol' blog.  Well, I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home through all of this and, like many of my friends who are working from home, I seem to be even more busy than I was when I went to the office.

So I have a little time here and wanted to write a new post.  Things are pretty good here, all things considered.  I still have my job, my kids are able to do remote schooling on their laptops and none of us have gotten sick yet.  We are all getting along after weeks of staying home together.  Not bad I'd say.

What's a post on a vintage baseball card blog with a baseball card though?  So here's a random card from my collection to show you.

This is a 1933 Goudey Jimmy (Jimmie) Foxx. 

 

This one is number 29 in the set.  There is another Foxx card numbered 154 that looks exactly the same as this one.  For some reason Beckett lists this card as Jimmie's rookie card while there are several other earlier cards of him.  I love the image on this card and the clean yellow background. 

I was very excited to pick up this card and hopefully you like it as much as I do.

Be well everyone.

Enjoy the hobby...it's a great one.

1 comment:

Jon said...

They say that people who work from home tend to be more productive, and goof off less... which might explain why there's been so much talk of telecommuting being the wave of the future?