Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Mail Day

I got a couple nice cards in the mail yesterday.

First off I don't collect much modern stuff, but if you follow my blog you'll know that I do collect some game used and/or auto cards.  I just like the look of them and so I pick them up now and then. 

I also mostly collect these cards of Mark Teixeira.  I liked him when he started with the Rangers and then followed him all the way to the Yankees.  I pick up mostly his game used and autos but also those of other HOFers from my youth in the 80's. 

Well, these two that arrived yesterday are two Mark Teixeira cards. 

 
This is a 2004 SP Game Used Patch Premium numbered to 50.  I like the look of the patch on this card and the overall design of the card is nice.  The picture they used of Mark could've been a better choice instead of him looking away but whatever.
 
Next up is an auto/game used that I am really fond of.
 
 


This one is a 2004 UD Ultimate Collection Game Materials Signatures also numbered to 50. I like the colors and design on this one too.  And the signature is nice and clean.  The swatch is just a plain white swatch but I can live with that. 

As one of my collecting friends always says, collect what you like. 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: