Tuesday, February 25, 2020

New Pick Up

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a other 1920 W519 Decalco Litho boxing card.

I really like this strip card set of boxing stars and they just don't seem to come up for sale all that often.  So, I'm very happy to pick them up when I can.

This particular example is number 11, Irish Patsey Cline.  I have two other examples from this set, just don't have them scanned at this time.  Here is the Cline I just picked up.

 
I really like the images and colors on these cards.  I've also got a Jack Britton and a Tom Gibbons.  Here is an image of the Jack Britton although it is not my card.
 
 
 
I am a fan of full body poses on prewar cards which is one reason I really like this set.
 
There are twenty cards in the set listed below.
 
  1. Jack Dempsey
  2. Tom Gibbons
  3. Pete Herman
  4. Frank Moran
  5. Billy Miske
  6. Jess Willard
  7. Johnny Kilbane
  8. Rocky Kansas
  9. Young Pal Moore
  10. Jack Britton
  11. Irish Patsey Cline
  12. Ted Lewis
  13. Georges Carpentier
  14. Bill Brennan
  15. Joe Stecher (wrestling)
  16. Fred Fulton
  17. Soldier Bartfeld
  18. Benny Leonard
  19. Mike Flamier – Zulu Kid
  20. Wladek Zbyszko


There is another related set known as W521 which are essentially the same cards with reverse images. 

Two of the subjects are also not boxers but are rather westlers, Wladek Zbyszko and Joe Stecher.

These are just really nice looking strips in my opinion and I'm have a fun time slowly chipping away at it. 

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

1 comment:

Jon said...

The green background was a nice choice for old Patsey.