Saturday, July 21, 2018

Worst Call In History

A couple umps were asleep during this play...

I know, I know, I've been on a video clip trip lately, but I just figured out how to embed a video and I'm loving it.

Anyways, back to the post at hand.  Check out this missed call by these two, yes two, umps in a Mexican League game.

The batter clearly swings fully through at the pitch and the catcher notices that the ump doesn't call a strike and he asks him about it.  The ump behind the plate then confers with the first base ump to see if the batter actually swung or not. 

Then the first base ump actually calls the batter safe and claims he didn't swing! 

How can both umps completely miss this call?  The batter completely swung through the pitch.  What do you guys think?  Have you seen a call worse than this before?  Let me know.



No comments: