Saturday, November 20, 2021

A Couple More E98s Added

 In the last few months I've added a couple new E98s that I haven't previously shared and I want to share them here along with my newest composite of my partial set.

These are two great additions for sure.  First up is a Chrisy Mathewson example.  It's not in the best of shape, but it's one of my favorite cards in the set.  Here is it is...


The really cool thing about this card is the back overprint on the front showing the checklist from the reverse of the card.  I love the unique pose of this card that is not found in other caramel sets off the era.  

Next up is the the very nice example of the Big Ed Walsh from the set.  This is supposedly a tough card in the set and I was trilled to get a copy of it as well.  He is my Walsh example.


Not only am I happy to have a Walsh in my set, but it's an orange background too.  Orange and Blue are my two favorite back colors.  The image is very clear as well.  These two card put me at 25 of the 30 cards in the set.  I've put together the latest composite of my set below.  I'm only missing the Cobb, Wagner, Young, Lajoie and Collins for completion.  

I'll likely get a Lajoie and Collins but the Cobb, Wagner and Young are a little out of my price range right now, so they will have to wait a bit.

Here's the latest composite.


I think the blend of different back colors make the set really pop and look great.  Of course there are some upgrade I will pursue at one time, but right now I love this partial set.  

I hope you are enjoying my E98 journey as much as I have been.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.






No comments: