Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year Everyone

I just wanted to kick off the new year with a new post folks.

Not that I have much to say today, but figured a post on the first day of 2020 was a good idea so I'm just going to show some cards for you to see.  Some of them I own, some of them I don't. 

First up is my favorite Honus Wagner card.  This is a c. 1910 E-Unc card from the Blue Captions set.  There are some other cards listed as being from this same set but this is my favorite for sure.  There are only two known of this card, both are graded by SGC, one a 10 and this one, a 20. 


Next up is a perfect 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle example.  I love this card.  The mustache and beard are just perfect.  Being in OBC, I'm used to low grade cards and this one is just right.

 
Next up is my 1933 Goudey Jimmy (Jimmie) Foxx #29.  I used to have Jimmie's 1941 Playball card, but sold it to help acquire this one.  I do miss the 41 Playball, but I like this Goudey a little more so I'm glad to have it. Such a classic Foxx image.
 


Something a little different than cards here.  A old generic baseball punchboard.  I have a couple of these laying around.  They are pretty cool and smaller than I thought when I got them in hand. I believe you would have paid to punch out one of the squares and could win a prize based on the legend at the top of the punchboard.


Then one of my favorite e90-1 cards.  This Rebel Oakes card is a classic image on baseball cards and appears in several different sets.  I'm very happy to have it.  Notice how the glove extends past the top border of the card.

 
This one is a strip card of one of the greatest athletes of all time, Jim Thorpe.  It shows Thorpe in full indian headdress.  This is a very rare card and comes in a larger size as well.  I particular like this one because it is the strip card and it still has the stars and number on the bottom.  I saw one of these strips over ten years ago in a lot that included several strip cards and tobacco cards but the seller didn't identify the card in the listing.  It went for way less than the value of the individual Thorpe card.  I wish I had bid on it at the time, but didn't.  Oh well, next time I'll know to bid.


The next couple images are of some miscuts that I really like.  One is a T206 Green Cobb and the other is a T215 Pirate back Meyers.  I just think these miscuts are super cool so I wanted to show a couple good ones to you.

 
 


This next one always give me a little smile and think it's just too funny.  This is an old 1887 N172 Old Judge card of Old Hoss Radbourn.  If you look closely (and I'll post a close up as well to help you see it) at his left hand, you might see something surprising. 



Here is one of my favorite baseball cards altogether.  This is an 1887 Four Base Hits of Mike "King" Kelly.  This is a beautiful card in my opinion. 

 
 
This last one is just for fun.  It's one of the funniest baseball cards ever produced.  The infamous Keith Comstock ball to the nuts shot.
 
 
Thanks for reading this far guys.  Happy New Years to all of you and I wish you all the best this year.  I'll be trying to post a little more often of course. 
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: