Saturday, April 27, 2019

New Beckett Vintage Collector

I recently received the current issue of Beckett Vintage Collector.

It was actually gifted to me by a friend (hi Linda) because it had an article in it related to T206 back stamps.  I was thrilled to get it and read the article.  It even pictured several card images that I have featured in my Great T206 Back Stamp Project including one of my very own cards. 

I was a little surprised my project wasn't mentioned in the article at all, but that's not a big deal.  I was just happy that back stamps were getting recognition.  The article focused on a few specific stamps like the F Scott Fitzgerald stamps, Jefferson Burdick, Date stamps, and quite a bit of focus on the Howe McCormick collection of Ed McCullum.  That collection is amazing and I've very happy it was featured in the article. 

Then as I read more articles in the magazine, I started reading about the 1912 T207 set and noticed something.  The article was written by our friend Anson Whaley.  Nice article Anson.  Gave me more appreciation for the set that I didn't really have before.

So if you get a chance to pick up the issue, here is an image of it for reference.  I would recommend it.

 
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: