Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year and Goals

Happy New Year to all of you!

Well, it's a new year and time to start thinking about my collecting goals for 2019.  Of course I want to continue my blog and post something every month of the year.  I get into a funk from time to time, either due to work or family taking most of my time usually, and don't post for a period of time, but I want to be sure to make time every month to post something.

I made some collecting goals for 2018 and failed at them for the most part.  I had a good year of collecting and picked up a bunch of great stuff, but I didn't focus on my goals really.  So I'm going to try to make goals I can stick to.  Right, here we go.

I have a habit of keeping everything I get in my collection and I have a real hard time parting with it.  But I'd like to come to terms with this and sell some of my collection so I can fund some bigger purchases.  Last year I made a goal of acquiring a Cobb or Wagner, but I need to be realistic and remember that those two guys are priced in the stratosphere compared to my budget.  So for 2019 I'll set the goal to pick up another Matty, or a Lajoie, or an E93 Joss.  Something comparable anyway.

Here is a list of goals for 2019:

  1. Pick up a Matty, Lajoie or an E93 Joss
  2. Pick up two E93s
  3. Pick up 5 more E90-1s
  4. Finish my 1973 Topps set (2 to go including Schmidt RC)
  5. Start 5 more sets
  6. Send out more packages than ever before
  7. Separate my 1977 Topps Cloth Stickers into * and ** sets (does this count as starting a new set?)
  8. Finish my 1968 Atlantic Oil set (minus the SPs)
Let's keep it at that for now.  Doable I think. 

So here's to a great new year and a new beginning.  I wish you all the best in 2019!

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: