Saturday, April 15, 2023

New Auction Wins

 I recently received my auction winnings from The Collector Connection March 2023 Auction. 


The Collector Connection is a great smaller auction house that specializes in lesser grade, lower priced cards and memorabilia.  These types of auctions are perfect for me as I don't have the budget to compete with the bidders in a major auction house like Robert Edward Auctions (REA).  

Don't get me wrong, The Collector Connection has some great featured items in their offerings, but the majority of their auctions are more in my league so I really like checking out what they have to offer.

I was checking out the auction with only a few days left in the auction and I put a bunch of little lots in my watchlist.  Then after going through the whole auction, I went back to my watchlist and chose a few lots to place bids on.

I then went on to something else and completely forgot about the auction until really late at night.  I was still up around 1:00am so I grabbed my computer and checked the results of the auction.  I found that I had won all four lots that I placed high bids on!  Nice.  I paid right after I received the invoice and waited for my winnings to arrive.

Then I forgot about them again.  A couple of nights ago my family was watching some tv at night and there was a knock on our front door.  We all looked at each other and said, "who would be coming to our door this late?".  I got up from my chair and checked the door.  There was nobody there.  Then I looiked around the front porch and noticed a couple of small packages were left on our table we have on the porch.  I brought them in and saw that one of them was for my wife, and the other one had a return address and name that I recognized.

It was the owner of The Collector Connection's name.  Then, of course, I remembered that I was waiting for my auction winnings.  The mailman had delivered the two packages to the wrong address, and one of my neighbors who had received them, brought them over to our house to deliver them to us.

Here is what I won in the auction.


I won a lot of five autographed 1980 Topps baseball cards.  I'm very slowly accumulating signed 1980 Topps and building the set with signed cards.

I also won a lot of two 1951 Topps Red Backs.  I bid on these win a low bid and then thought to check my want list to see if I already had thenn or if I needed them.  Turns out I already have both of them so these two are going into the dupes box.

Then I won two lots of 1970's Topps Football RCs.  There a several vintage football card RCs that I have been wanting for some time now so when I saw these two for decent prices I bid on them.  One is a 1973 Ken Stabler RC and the other is a 1975 Dan Fouts RC.  

I'm watching and bidding on some lots in other auctions right now.  I'll let you know how they go and if I win anything else, I'll post it here.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.



2 comments:

Jon said...

How far along are you with your autographed 1980 Topps set build?

Andy H said...

Hey Jon, only about 45 so far. So quite a ways to go still on the set. I only pick them up now and then when they are really cheap commons.