Saturday, May 5, 2018

Some Toy Cannon Pick Ups

I'm a bit of a fan of Jimmy "Toy Cannon" Wynn.

In OBC (an online vintage card trading group to which I belong) we have something called the Hall of Mediocrity.  Any member can nominate a ballplayer that has cards pre-1980 and doesn't have a chance to make the Hall of Fame. Well, my nominee was Jimmy Wynn. 

If you visit my online trading site you'll see I have a page dedicated to my Jimmy Wynn needs with a few examples pictured as well.  I recently picked up a couple more oddball cards that I'd like to share.

First up is a 1968 Bazooka panel.  It has a little tape residue on it, but if you know me then you know I don't care. 

It has a nice image of a young Wynn early in his career with Houston.  He would become a beloved Astro through his career as a bit of a slugger.  Hank Aaron even called him the home run champ once.


 
 
I also recently picked up another card that I didn't think I would have any time soon.  It's not in the best of shape, but again, if you know me then you know I don't care.  It's a 1967 Topps Test Punch Out.  I really like this card a lot.  I really thought they were much bigger and when I got it in the mail it wasn't as big as a dollar bill. 
 
 
 
 
Well, those are a couple of my new Jimmy Wynn pick ups.  I'll try to share some more of my Toy Cannon collection in future posts as well.  If you'd like to help with my Wynn collection, take a look at my online wantlist and let me know if you have anything I can use. 
 
Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.




No comments: