Wednesday, April 21, 2021

New Pee Wee Reese Piece

 I recently pick up this cool piece for my collection

This is a Perez-Steele T3 style cards of Pee Wee Reese that is autographed and slabbed in an SGC slab with JSA Authentication.

I'm really excited about this one.  It's sort of stupid, but I've been wanting an SGC slab this size for a long time and have been looking at T3s lately. But when a friend of mine came into a bunch of Pee Wee Reese autographed items, and this was one of the items in the lot, I had to have it.  

I originally thought someone bought it and I missed out, but it turned out it was still available and I jumped on it.  It arrived today and I couldn't be happier with it.

Pee Wee was a leader and set the example of accepting Jackie Robinson on the Dodgers team and treating him with respect and like an equal.  He was a really good man and great ballplayer.  He was inducted into the baseball HOF in 1984 and passed away in 1999.  He was a great man.


As you can see it has a very nice signature across the bottom of the image and it present really well with the black borders of the SGC slab.  

Well, this was today's mail day, so I hope you like it.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

2 comments:

Matthew Glidden said...

That's a great piece! Pee Wee did a lot for his hometown of Louisville and there are great memorials there, including a statue outside the local AAA ballpark. Wonder if Perez reviewed any of his portraits with the players themselves before he considered them complete?

Jon said...

That is really nice. I don't usually care for slabs, but it does look good in that one.