Friday, May 3, 2019

Recent Pick Ups

Well, I don't usually talk about modern cards, but I am a sucker for 80's rookies.

I recently picked up three cards that I'd like to share with you.  The first one is vintage, a 1968 Atlantic Oil of Bob Gibson.  This card finished the set for me, although now I'll have to separate my set into the two different back types.  One is the rules back and the other is the play ball back.  Then I'll have to complete each separate set, again.  Good thing I like this set.

 
Next up are two great 80's rookies.  One is the 1989 Donruss the Rookies Ken Griffey Jr.  I like this one much better than his regular 1989 Donruss card.  I think the pose is better and I like the Rookies logo in the upper right corner.


And then in keeping with the 80's rookies, I picked up a 1987 Classic Travel Barry Bonds.  This is the yellow back version so not as rare as the green back, but I needed them both anyway so this one works for now.  I really like the yellow border on this one along with the yellow in Barry's Pirates uniform.


So those are my recent pick ups folks.  I hope you like them as much as I do.

Enjoy the hobby all...it's a great one.

No comments: