To that end, I wanted to make sure that anyone who reads my blog is sure to become familiar with one of the very best Vintage/Prewar Baseball Card resources on the internet. If you haven't already become familiar with them, you absolutely MUST check out OldCardboard.com.
They have a wealth of information about our hobby's different vintage baseball card sets. They are focused only on baseball which I particularly like as I don't really collect anything but baseball. Their site is easy to navigate and I am constantly referring back to it for card images or checklists or just some general info about a set.
They offer all of the following for your reference needs:
1. Set descriptions and images - Each featured set has a brief description as well as at least a couple of images to help identify the set.
2. Galleries of tons of sets - Many of the featured sets have full set galleries with images of all cards in the set. The T206 set is one of these and they have images of all 524 cards.
3. Checklists of tons of sets - Most, if not all, of the featured sets have full checklists listed.
4. Links to eBay's top 100 Vintage Card dealers - This is a great reference for when you want to find a new search on eBay.
5. Monthly e-newletter - This is an amazing reference tool with updates to the site listed as well as great articles and upcoming auction info.
6. The best Prewar magazine published today, fittingly called "Old Cardboard" - This is seriously the greatest current vintage baseball card publication out there with well written articles with full color images, set galleries, and even collector profiles.
7. Plus a bunch of great links to all sorts of related sites from collector's personal sites, other references, auction houses, show calendars, etc.
Please check out this outstanding hobby resource if you haven't already. The guys behind the site and the magazine are a couple of great contributors to our hobby and we should all be doing something to support their efforts and help them keep up their great work.
Enjoy the hobby all, it's a great one.