Friday, April 11, 2008

Kards for Kids Project - Part 1

Recently, a very generous offer was made on a Vintage Baseball Card forum that I am a member of. Hundreds of sets of 1983 and 1984 Indy Car racing driver cards were offered free to anyone who would agree to pass them along into the hands of kids. When I read the initial offer, I jumped at the chance to do what I could. Well, yesterday I received 50 lbs. of cards from UPS.

I’ll be searching for children’s charities in my county in Northern California to whom the cards will be donated. There are so many sets that I am hoping to find a few different places that will benefit from them. When I find some good organizations, I will post some more info.

I hope some kids will get a smile out of these cards.


Pictured is an example of the Mario Andretti card from the 1984 Set.

No comments: